This post is knowledge about Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 Ink Supply Mechanism and Ink Leak detection function, a viral part mechanism of the printer products.
– To know more about Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 Operating Principles, click here
– To know more about Installation on Epson WF-C579, WF-C529, click here
Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 Ink Supply Mechanism
– The ink supply mechanism consists of the Ink Path Unit that is composed of the Ink Supply Tube Assy, Diaphragm Pump, Buffer, and Decompression Pump Assy, and ink is supplied from the ink pack installed in the lower part of the product.
– According to the quantity of ink discharged from the Printhead, ink is sucked from the ink packs by driving the Decompress Pump Unit and operating the Diaphragm Pump. The ink path is always kept pressurized even after the power is turned off by the Diaphragm Pump and the Buffer.
– Therefore, ink can be supplied stably during high-volume printing.
– Ink supply becomes ready by installing the ink pack into the Ink Pack Unit in the lower part of the product. The Ink Pack Unit also mounts the CR Contact Module to detect the remaining ink amount in the ink pack.
– The diaphragm is operated when the Decompress Pump Assy reduces the pressure inside the Diaphragm Pump, and it sucks ink from the ink packs Ink is supplied through the Buffer and ink tube to the Printhead. The Decompress Pump Assys and Diaphragm Pumps supply sufficient ink needed for the quantity of the Printhead’s ink discharge in high speed printing with high image quality.
– In addition, this product is equipped with valves at the two joints of the Ink Tube below in order to improve convenience during replacement of the Printhead and the Ink Supply Unit. Thanks to these valves, the work usually incidental to the replacement (ink discharge from the ink path) is not necessary.
- Joint to the Printhead
A magnetic valve is attached. During normal use, the valve is opened by the magnetic force of the magnet holder. While replacing the Printhead, the valve is closed and the ink path is shut because the magnet holder is removed then.
- Joint to the Ink Supply Unit
At the end section of the tube of the Ink Supply Unit, a compression spring and a valve is equipped, and the tube joint has a needle-like shape. During normal use (when connected), the needle pushes and opens the valve.
When replacing the Ink Supply Tube Assy, the compression spring presses and shuts the valve immediately after removal of the tube.
–Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 Paper Loading, Paper Feed mechanism, click here
–Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 Paper Loading, Paper Feed mechanism details, click here
Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 Ink leak detection function
– A sensor for detecting an ink leak is provided in this product in order to enable the quick detection of an ink leak when an ink leak occurs from the ink supply path due to an abnormality in the product.
– The Ink Leak Sensor Assy is provided inside the Ink Pack Unit, and detects an ink leak by the adherence of ink on it (Ink Porous Pad, 1) when an ink leak occurs. It also generates an ink leak error in the printer.
— Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 printer’s Other Motor and Sensors, click here
— Epson WF-C579, WF-C529 printer’s Sensors, click here